Values and Beliefs
What we believe about children and youth:
- All children are entitled to a safe childhood that supports their growth & development.
- All children have strengths, capabilities, and inherent self-worth, and should be treated with dignity and respect.
What we believe about ourselves and how we do our work:
- Providing opportunities for personal growth & professional development is a high priority.
- Collaborating and sharing information allows us to improve the quality of services to our diverse populations.
- We strive to create a climate of trust, openness, and respect in our meetings and in our work.
- We engage in unified efforts to improve services and organize ourselves around common causes to enhance our effectiveness.
- We make decisions by consensus, and will not undertake projects or tasks, which we cannot unite behind.